Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Griya Kelapa: Coconut and Jasmine Hand Cream (ENG)


Coconut – it has many different benefits and one of them is for beauty.  Coconut oils are extracted from coconut milk and it’s famous for its antioxidant properties. Coconut oil has been widely used as primary ingredient in different skin care from soap to lotions and creams for its benefit as anti-aging agent as well as a moisturizer.  Some references mentioned that coconut oils restore sun burnt skin and help treating skin problems such as psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and skin infections.

When I was in Bali last August, I found a hand cream “coconut jasmine” made by Griya Kelapa  (it means “coconut house”) in a small store in Sanur area. After reading the ingredients list, I was quiet happy that I didn’t find parabens in it. So I decided to give it a try. 




Griya Kelapa is a Bali based company that produces different variety products with coconut as their main ingredient. They have beauty products and hey..traditional food made from coconut such as sagon and serundeng (coconut flakes). For skin care, they provide  Virgin Coconut Oil, Coconut Body Polish, Traditional Scrub, Body Lotion, Hand Cream, Sunscreen, Coconut Soap, Hair Revitalizer, and Aromatherapy Product such as candle aromatherapy, Massage Oil, Essential Oil. For more detail, please visit www.griyakelapa.com



After using the Griya Kelapa Coconut and Jasmine hand cream for more than 2 weeks, it’s time for me to share my experience…

Ingredients: 


Benefits: 
Hydrate and moisture hand with coconut formula

Detail:
I leave this hand cream on my working desk in my office so I can apply this product frequently whenever I need it. Unlike usual hand cream, this milk white cream is neither sticky nor greasy. The texture is kind of light and easily absorbed. And I love the design of the packaging. It’s simply attractive, especially the coconut picture! The size of the tube is fit for on the go hand cream.

Drawback:
·         The smell of coconut jasmine is kinda too strong for me.  The scent lingers quiet some time and well, I prefer light scented or non perfume products
·         It doesn’t provide long term hydration. I have to re-apply every 30 minutes.
·         The green color this tube reminds me of Ristra! 

No comments:

Post a Comment