Monday, October 15, 2012

L’Occitane: Immortelle Precious Eye Balm (ENG)



L’Occitane, a natural skin care company from Provence, France, was established by Olivier Baussan when he was only 23 years old. The first product of L’Occitane was rosemary essential oil, extracted from wild rosemary. Olivier Baussan sold this product at traditional market and it was sold out. The name “L’Occitane” is named after Occitania, an area that existed during the Middle Ages, spanning southern France, north-eastern Spain and northern Italy. Therefore, L’Occitane reflects the combination of traditions and ingredients in that area – Mediteranian, in its products.

One of the skin care series from L’Occitane is Immortelle series – the name refers to the main ingredients used in this series. This series were launched in 2002. Immortelle, a family of sun flower, grows in Corsica. These yellow flowers are known as everlasting flower for their ability to retain their form and color when dried. Immortelle contains cell-generating ingredient as anti aging properties used in many different skin care products.


I bought Immortelle Precious Eye Balm impulsively. I had not checked and read reviews on this product. I did that after I bought it. On my way back home, I started browsing and reading the reviews. Oh no… I felt nervous as this product received “not so good” reviews from Make Up Alley (

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=34367). But anyway, I have bought it, regardless my sensitive skin; I decided to try this product.


After using this eye cream daily for more than 2 weeks, here is my review



Ingredients:










Benefit: 
Anti aging eye cream to smooth and firm eye area.

Detail:
I use this product, twice a day, every morning and night. Even though it is called “eye balm”, it’s not balmy or waxy.  The texture is smooth, velvety and makes it easy to applied, and quickly absorbed into my skin.. What I like most from Immortelle Precious Eye Balm is the fact that it’s kind of no fragrance eye cream even though there is no any sign state about fragrance free. This eye cream moisturizes my eye area and reduces fine line around my eyes. I think, with my sensitive skin, I’m lucky that I have no complaint for its performance.
Since I don’t suffer puffiness and I don’t have dark circles around my eyes, I cannot tell whether this product can perform well against those two issues.

 
Drawback:
·        This eye cream comes in a jar which less hygiene compared to tube or pump container.
·        Shelf life: 3 months after opening!!

So far, I love this product. It’s a nice eye cream for me – with sensitive skin and no issue on puffiness and panda eyes. Would you give it a try?


No comments:

Post a Comment