Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Mom's Beauty Tips



I’m not living in the same city with my mother. I call her regularly and usually I will return to my home city during Chinese New Year.  I have my passion in skin care products because of her. She is the one who taught me how to use different types of skin care; she introduced me to different brands of skin care when I was teenager. I still remember we get used to have mom and daughter beauty session once a week when we did our facial treatment at home  while we talked about a lot of things and listened to the old songs (my mom’s favorites!).

Because my mom practices a routine beauty regime – cleansing, toning, moisturizing and once a week peeling and masking, she looks much younger than her age. She’s now 69 years old – many people think she’s about 50 years old.

Last Sunday (12 May 2013), internationally, we celebrated Mother’s Day – uhm actually in Indonesia, we celebrate Mother’s Day (it is called Hari Ibu) on 22 December every year. So, I would like to share my mom’s beauty tips.
  • Always use peeling/ scrub once a week for deep cleansing of our pores and  – I do this since I was teenager, and sometimes I also use pore pack 
  • Always use face mask once to twice a week, depends on mask types. Face mask provides deep nourishment to our skin. I love the instant result after applying face mask. Try it yourself!
  • Always apply sunscreen when you go out and have activities under the sun – hmm I often skipped this tip, I didn’t like the stickiness of sunscreen. I just started using sunscreen regularly when I studied in Australia. The effect? I have dark spots on my face L 
  • Apply day cream and night cream throughout face and neck – don’t forget neck area. It  deserves your expensive face cream to maintain its firmness and elasticity
  • Use natural products whenever possible – in the past my mother used products of Mustika Ratu and Martha Tilaar which were considered traditional and natural. Now, I’m a natural and organic skin care fanatic!
  • When you turn 30 years old, you have to use eye cream routinely. I was not aware the importance of using eye cream until I had a friend on my age complaining about her crow’s feet, eye bag and puffiness.
That’s all my mom’s beauty tips. There’s nothing new…but I learn a lot from her beauty regime and I want to look younger than my age – just like my mom..
Thank you, mom..
Happy Mother’s Day.. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment